Monday, June 30, 2014

i am not my hair i am not this skin i am not your expectations no no i am not my hair i am not this skin i am a soul that lives within...

Ok y'all. My hair finally had enough and wasn't planning to hang around much longer. I tried to wash it Friday afternoon after chemo, and got immediate handfuls of hair. Eeek! I let it go one more day, but by Sunday afternoon it was beyond time. My parents came by to document, and Connor lovingly shaved my head.

It really wasn't as emotional as I was expecting. I think when I am actually bald, it will probably be a little weirder, but for now, I look like GI JESS, total badass. :)

Getting psyched up!

Can't change your mind now!

Faux hawk with chiminea hat.

Almost there.

All done! Thanks for loving me no matter what I look like! Oh and please ignore the giant bruises on my arm. Turns out not all the nurses know how to use Portia and have to go the old IV route. GRRRRRRR.


*EDIT* The lady that gave me that bruise was not a nurse. She was a CT Scan Technician. All of my nurses have been absolutely wonderful, and I am so thankful for each and every one of them! This has been a lesson in when it is ok to be pushy! Ask for someone who is trained to use a port! Always!

Alright so there you have it. No rubbing my head for good luck, yet. It's still tender!

Love y'all,
Jess




8 comments:

  1. Your eyes are so beautiful and will stand out throughout this whole process. I continue to pray for you and so does my whole Sunday school class at church.
    Much love, Lee Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as ever! The kiddo and I will continue to have you on our prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jess, you still look great. Strange, I used to look forward to getting haircuts like that when the summer days approached in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and love you! I'm digging the new do. Looks great, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! I'm sorry you were bruised, you are most definitely allowed to be pushy to prevent any future ones! :) Sending positive vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete